Public Works Commission

AGENDA

PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION
CITY OF HUNTINGTON BEACH

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 – 5:00 PM
City Council Chambers
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

ROLL CALL      Harlow, Kirkorn, Mason, McGovern, Rivera, Siersema, Spencer

B. PRESENTATIONS-COMMENDATIONS

C. MINUTES

Minutes of May 16, 2007

D. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS
Public Comments – the Public Works Commission welcomes public comments on all items on this agenda or of community interest. Three minutes per person, time may not be donated to others. Commission on this date can take no action on any item not on the agenda. This is the time to address Commission regarding items of interest or agenda items other than public hearings. Communications on agenda items will be scheduled such that public comments may be received as close to 5:00 p.m., or later, as possible.

E. ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS

E-1. Recommend an Increase in the Change Order Limit for Lift Station D Construction - The construction of Sewer Lift Station D requires additional funding to make the station more compatible with the Orange County Sanitation District (District) design standards. An adjustment in the maximum change order amount will be necessary to complete the project. Additional supplemental expenses are also requested.

Funding Source: Funds in the amount of $525,000 are available in the Sewer Service Charge Fund, Sewer Line CIP, Sewer Improvements 51189002.82600 to Sewer Lift Station CIP, Sewer Improvements, 51189001.82600.

Recommended Action: Recommend to the City Council:

  1. Increase the previously authorized 15% change order limit for Lift Station D construction from $621,435 (15%) an additional $375,000 (9%) or for a total change order authorization of $996,435 (24%).
  2. Recommend an additional $150,000 in supplemental expenses to complete the project.
F. ADJOURNMENT

NEXT PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION MEETING
June 20, 2007,12:00 Noon, Corporate Yard Conference Room
17371 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA